March 1, 2023, and ends 11:59 PM EST,
April 3 April 10, 2023
Please submit your work here for the FSG Fellowship. If you have questions about requirements or eligibility, please refer to our website.
Upload a PDF (Maximum file size: 30MB) of a sample of your work.
For fiction and nonfiction, the sample must be between forty and fifty double spaced pages
For poetry, the sample must be eight to twelve pages
Upload a PDF (Maximum file size: 30MB) of a Statement of Purpose of no more than 500 words.
What will you work on during the Fellowship? What makes you an ideal candidate for the program?
Your name should not be on the sample pages or the Statement of Purpose, either in the file itself or in the file name.
The winner and finalists will be announced in August.
Applicant Certification and Acknowledgment
By submitting this Application, I hereby certify that (i) I meet all eligibility requirements to be a Fellow as specified on fsgfellowship.com, (ii) all information provided by me in this Application is true, and (iii) the Statement of Purpose and writing sample are original works written solely by me.
Furthermore, I acknowledge the following:
- The selection of the Fellow by the judges and by FSG is final and not subject to review.
- The details of the Fellowship may change at the discretion of FSG, including changes to the composition of the judges and/or the Mentor.
- Failure to follow Application instructions (including the instruction to exclude all identifiable information from my writing sample and/or Statement of Purpose) may result in disqualification.
- If I am selected as a Fellow, as a condition of my Fellowship, I will be required to offer to FSG my first book-length work of adult fiction / nonfiction / poetry before submitting the same to, or soliciting or entertaining any offers from, any other publisher. FSG will have a period of thirty (30) days after FSG’s receipt of a complete first draft manuscript to make an offer for such work.
- If I am selected as a Fellow, my failure to fulfill the obligations of the Fellowship or failure to otherwise conduct myself in a professional manner in compliance with FSG company policies may result in the termination of my Fellowship and repayment of my Fellowship Award.